Monday, September 19, 2011

Sitting Still

Day 8

Woke up with a fever and decided to stay in Broken Bow for the day to rest. This has been expensive, but worth it, I think. I checked out of the roach motel and went to the laundromat down the street to do some laundry. It's nice to have clean clothes, especially socks. I was running out of those. Then I checked into the hotel across the street from the laundromat which is twice as nice as the first motel, and cost five bucks less per night. Wish I had found this place the first night, but then again, last night I was getting hailed on and just wanted a place to dry off. This day also gave me time to dry out my shoes, which were still soaking wet when I woke up. After checking into the hotel, I rode to Wally World (Walmart) to buy some supplies, and picked up some more dry goods, camp fuel for my stove, and other stuff I was needing, including gallon ziploc bags to better waterproof everything what I wasn't certain about before. Now everything is packed into nice, neat bags, and essentially double water proofed, which is good, because they're forecasting more heavy storms come Wednesday. I also ended up reorganizing my bags to a limited extent, and somehow now everything fits better into the bags than it did yesterday. It kind of makes me wish I had left some stuff behind, and packed more into my rear bags than my front ones. Oh well, knowledge for the future. So, basically, I've ridden less than two miles today, and I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, but provided I feel better tomorrow, I'll be back on the road, though I probably won't ride more than twenty miles, as the park I plan to camp at tomorrow is only about 16 miles away. After that, I ride into the mountains, and into Arkansas. Wish me luck!

Until next time, this mustache is out.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. Also, regarding your wet shoes; you can place them directly on top of the AC air vent, assuming it's the independent unit like so many motels, and they should dry in a few hours.

    ReplyDelete